The Palmarino A.P.S. Photographic Club has about 100 members and is one of the best-known photographic organizations in Italy.
It was established 45 years ago, on May 13th 1975, and it has promoted many activities during the years, such as:
- the training of dozens of amateur and professional photographers;
- meetings and lectures with world-wide photography masters, among which there were Ferdinando Scianna and David Noton;
- the market of photographic antiquities;
- international photography contests;
- photographic exhibitions (the last one in 2019 was a joined exhibition which was hosted at the "Kulturni Dom" in Gorizia);
- educational and informative evenings that featured their own productions, which were showed in various theaters and outdoors (every year the organization advertises the "Rievocando” event in Piazza Grande in Palmanova, which is held at the end of August);
- many photography courses have been held for the past 13 years at the Palmanova Outlet Village, which featured experienced club members as teachers and tutors.
The executive board consists of:
- “Pro tempore” president: Luigino Snidero
- Vice-president: Matteo Bordignon
- Members of the Board: Alberto Missana, Andrea Furlan, Boris Nanut, Felice Cirulli, Marco Barghini, Marco Manzini, Paolo Cecotti and Stefano Rossi
- Secretary: Katalin Burany
- Treasurer’s office: Roberto Paravano
Palmarino A.P.S. Photoclub is affiliated to FIAF, the Italian Federation of Photographic Associations, and collaborates with:
- AFNI, the Italian Naturalist Photographer Association
- the organization BioArt Visual for the BioPhoto, International Festival of nature photography, which takes place every year in province of Pordenone;
- the Pro Loco organization in Manzano;
- the Nova Ludica Association for cosplaying events during the event "Palmanova The Game Fortress".
The Club has its own online forum with over 1000 subscribers: www.cfpalmarino.it/forum
and it has its own blog where interviews, reviews, and technical articles are published: www.cfpalmarino.it
Weekly meetings are held every Monday from 8.30pm at the club headquarters in Via Marcello, Palmanova.
New courses at the Palmanova Outlet Village
- Creativity and Multivision – workshop with lecturer Francesco Lopergolo;
- Photography and photoshop course organised by the Photography Association Palmarino A.P.S.;
- Advanced photography course organised by the Photography Association Palmarino A.P.S..